Hiking circuit - The stronghold of the Guard
Saint-Saturnin-du-Bois owes its name to a disciple of Saint-Saturnin (bishop of Toulouse) who came to evangelize the villages around the Mignon around the XNUMXth century and also to the fact that the region was very wooded.
1. Leaving the church, follow the street to the left.
Join the D 118 and walk along it on the left side (Statue of the Virgin). Turn left on a small road towards Aguré (A thick hedge and a wood completely hide the castle of Aguré: XNUMXth century, private, cannot be visited).
Do not advance there. Walk away to the right.
2. Take a dirt road that winds between crops towards the woods of “Chagnée Minet”.
La châgnée is a place planted with oak trees. Minet has nothing to do with cats but with an old grain measure: the mine was an area that could be sown with a grain mine. The term is closer to milling, miller. . .
Cross the D 118 and continue in this western direction through the woods (shreds of this great forest of Argenson which before the Middle Ages covered a large territory from Benon to Aulnay.)
Pass a tarmacked municipal road and arrive on a stony path.
3. Change direction by going right (due north) on this stony path. Cross two small departmental roads, the D 209 and the D 205. Arrive, between two groves (one on the left, one on the right) at a junction.
4. At this junction, possibility to return to Saint-Saturnin-du-Bois in 2 km by a gravel path (not marked).
Pass the second grove, continue on a small road in the extension. Follow it to the right along the Petit Chêne wood.
5. Take a stony path to the left, enter the woods (hill of the fief de la Garde). Turn right on a side road.
Facing the village of Le Coudret, turn right and cross the road again.
Then follow a gravel path.
6. Reach a tarred municipal road lined with hedges
coming from Coudret. Follow it for 800 m to the first houses of Turigny, hamlet of Saint-Saturnin. At the crossroads, before going right, notice the washhouse on the left. Immediately turn left onto rue de la Boulangerie. Shortly after, in this street, notice the old building of the "Cooperative Milling". The building has been listed on the national heritage inventory. Turn left into the street that comes up and right into rue du Bois Long. Take a passage on the right along a fence in view of a modern building: the retirement home. By the street on the left to return to the church.
Marked route : Yes
Route Type : loop
Distance : 12km
All year.Pet Friendly
Not disclosedSpoken languages