Hiking tour - the Charras Canal
Old passage used well before the digging of the Charras canal, the Charreau ford made it possible to easily connect Aunis and Saintonge by avoiding a vast area of marsh between La Rochelle and Rochefort.
1. Opposite the church, turn right into rue du Logis, which you follow for 500 m.
At the last house turn right into a grassy path. At the road, take the white path on the left then the road on the right. At the second intersection turn right again on the road that leads to the hamlet of Les Granges.
2. In the bend before the hamlet continue opposite on a stony path.
500 m further turn left to reach the road that we follow on the right
until the intersection. Turn left to Chaban which you cross entirely.
3. After the small wood, the road becomes a gravel road. At the big stone, take a wide grassy path to the right. Follow it to the bridge over the D 112. Cross it and take the towpath opposite for 2,5 km to the Bourgne marsh footbridge.
4. Cross the footbridge and join the D 111 at Gué Viaud. Follow it to the left as far as Villeneuve to turn right onto a grassy path (not always very visible!). Cross the stream and the plantation to find a path in the undergrowth.
5. Just after the treatment plant go down a path in the undergrowth to the left. Cross the Devise on the stone bridge and arrive at the Toucherit. Cross the hamlet on the right and join Landrais by the road. At the crossroads of the four roads at the entrance to Landrais, go up the rue des Deux Moulins to reach the church.
Marked route : Yes
Route Type : loop
Distance : 12km
Average duration : 180 min
All year.Pet Friendly
Not disclosedSpoken languages