18km east of La Rochelle, near the town of Aigrefeuille, Lac de Frace is a green area appreciated by all: fishermen, walkers and other nature lovers.
1. Leaving the car park, take the road to the right. Pass the first crossroads then turn right into a wide path quickly lined with hedges. At the T-path, turn right and reach a crossroads. Go forward on the left and carefully cross the D 113.
2. Take a path on the left towards the hamlet of Panonnière. Between the houses head right towards the D 108. A few meters before the road, go down a path along a hedge. The path quickly becomes lined with thick hedges.
3. At the T-shaped path, turn left on a narrow path in the shade. After 400 m of trail, emerge facing the crops. Keep the same direction on a dirt road then covered.
4. Go right on a gravel path and turn left almost immediately towards the Aigrefeuille water tower. Pass between a housing estate and the cemetery, continue opposite (towards the shopping centre). Turn left under the halls. On the square head towards the back of the church. Take the small passage between the church and a house. Exit rue de Virson on the left and cross the small car park on the right. Follow rue du Petit Marais to reach rue de la Taillée, which you take to the left.
Go along the swimming pool on the left then the campsite. Continue on rue du Bois-Gaillard and, after the bend, turn left into impasse du Gaillard. Continue to the right along the shady dirt road which passes behind the houses and turn left towards Lac de Frace.
5. Before arriving at the 1st body of water, cross the footbridge over the canal and follow a path to the right along a row of poplars. Turn left and return to the car park passing between the lake and the channeled stream "le Curé".
Marked route : Yes
Route Type : loop
Distance : 8.5km
All year.Pet Friendly
Not disclosedSpoken languages