The church of Saint Martin was ceded in 1219 by Henri, bishop of SAINTES, to the priory of Saint Jean Dehors. Ruined by the wars of religion, it was restored in the 1775th century. In XNUMX, it was deemed too small and threatened with ruin.
The reconstruction work, carried out in 1777, being considered of poor quality, buttresses reinforce the masonry. The monument was completed in 1779.
In 1877, the church was given a curved wooden ceiling.
In 1887, stained glass windows were installed: the stained glass window of Saint Eutrope, patron saint of the bishopric of Saintes and that of Saint Martin.
The bell dates from 1899.
During a renovation of the church in the second half of the XNUMXth century, the pews were removed. One remains at the entrance to the church, near the confessional.
In 2007, the facade of the church was restored. This work has brought to light the diamond-point stones of the XNUMXth century.
- Pet Friendly
Not disclosedSpoken languages