Placed under the patronage of the abbey of Maillezais in Vendée, the church of Notre Dame de Longèves does not appear in documents before the XNUMXth century.
The Notre Dame de Longèves church was dilapidated during the Wars of Religion. It will be restored before 1630. The thickness of the walls indicates the resumption of the medieval building. The works of 1859-1860 lengthen the nave by a sanctuary. A campanile, a stone archway, replaced the wooden spire when the bell was rebuilt in 1868.
Since the XNUMXth century, the various municipalities have maintained the general condition of the church by making improvements such as repairing the floor of the nave, removing the pulpit, replacing the pews, exposing the stones, and the installation of lighting and heating.
Adjoining the church is the former presbytery which, since 2006, has become the town hall.
- Pet Friendly
Not disclosedSpoken languages