This freestone building opened its doors on November 26, 1842, it will remain one of the most beautiful jewels of municipal architecture, as it asked for steps with the prefectural administrations who considered the project too ambitious.
Two rooms were then set up on the 1st floor, one serving as a theater and the other as a stock market, where each Saturday the price of foodstuffs was fixed.
Subsequently, the market was enlarged by a metal structure (1885) Baltard style, closed, which does not fit well into the site and hides the facade of the old part.
A rehabilitation project for the islet of Les Halles was decided in 2001, in order to revitalize the town centre.
Today we can therefore see the stone building restored and embellished with a less heavy metal hall and allowing a denser commercial or event activity.
Open on market days. Other days: visible from the outside
All year, every day.
Visible from the outside. Covered market open on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday mornings for the weekly markets.Pet Friendly
Not disclosedSpoken languages