Nave and facade date from the 12th century. The choir dates back to the 14th century. The facade is surmounted by a large bare pediment and has two floors of porticoes with pointed Romanesque arches.
The portal has several arches with sculpted keystones. The lower one rests on small columns with capitals decorated with foliage and figures. The side portals are filled with a fern opus. A campanile surmounts the entrance arch of the choir. It used to be two stories high. The spiral staircase that leads to the vaults is caught in the thickness of the wall. It has the particularity of being protected, in its upper part, by a small defense chamber.
Church of Forges: Historic Monument classification by decree on May 30, 1913
Free access.Pet Friendly
Not disclosedSpoken languages