The church has been part of the dependencies of the Cluniac priory of the island of Aix since Romanesque times. Built during this period, it has a Gothic choir in the 15th century, then two side chapels in the 16th century.
Ravaged during the Wars of Religion, it was completely discovered in 1640 and restored in the middle of the 17th century.
The Romanesque facade opens with a portal with three bare arches. The capitals are decorated with water leaves. The capitals that support the cornice are also sculpted. The facade is crowned with an undecorated pediment and a single bay bell tower.
On the north side of the church stretch the buildings of the old priory, with a basket-handle doorway dated 1656.
Inside, the single nave and the choir in its continuity have lost their vaults in favor of a plaster ceiling on laths. To the west reigns a deep gallery with neo-Gothic openwork decoration. Towards the east, the walls were opened in underpinnings by broken arcades communicating with side chapels, covered with brick ceilings. From the decoration of the Romanesque period there remain four columns on a backsplash, with wooden or masked bases and historiated capitals.
The whole church (cad. C 998): registration Historic Monuments by decree of October 22, 2003
Protected movable objects: table inscribed Movable Objects.
- Pet Friendly
Not disclosedSpoken languages