The parish church of Angliers belongs to medieval times and was built in the XNUMXth century. It once depended on the Abbey of Nieul sur l'Autise.
With its elongated plan, the building consists of a single nave with its choir and three bays (including one for the choir).
The entrance gate is very late Romanesque. It is made up of a bare coving, falling on engaged columns, whose capitals are carved (heart-shaped interlacing or ibexes springing from foliage).
The arcade bell tower is later. The choir was certainly rebuilt in the XNUMXth century.
A stained glass window from 1883 decorates the gothic window of the apse. The latter is surmounted by the coat of arms of the Langlois, lords of Angliers in the XNUMXth century.
The major interest of the Saint Pierre church remains the baptismal font of 1651 as well as its holy water font, both decorated with the heads of cherubs.
- Pet Friendly
Not disclosedSpoken languages